Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mohammed Ashi Caftan 2013 Collection: Magdalena

 I have one word to describe Saudi designer Mohammed Ashi's latest Caftan 2013 collection: STUNNING! Okay one more word: ELEGANT! All I can say is that my mouth dropped when I first saw this collection. Ashi of ASHI Studio has never disappointed me when it comes to his designs but I was blown away by this Caftan collection which was launched just in time for Ramadan. The collection, entitled Magdalena, is heavily inspired by the fragility of Japanese geishas and features kimono-inspired draping, color, fabric, and design. It's amazing to see how Ashi incorporates his own design aesthetic into these Japan-inspired pieces to give them a life of their own. The collection exudes peace and tranquility and every detail, even the model's hairstyle and makeup, is carefully produced to remake the ancient into a modern, fashionable hybrid. Take a look at some of the pieces and as always love is always appreciated. So comment away and like my Facebook page!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...