Monday, January 2, 2012

Malaak Autumn/Winter 11/12... Heaven in an Abaya

 After a LOOONG hiatus, I'm back and ready to serve up some more fashion from the Middle East, and I want to start with a long overdue post about one of my favorite abaya labels, Malaak. Run by Dubai based designer Huda N., the label celebrates the fusion of regional and international culture that is Dubai. Taking the abaya and making it fashionable is a daunting task but Malaak does it gracefully and even exceeds expectation. Not only is there a natural mix of cultures in the designs but also a mix of times with a lot of the pieces having a very retro look while still being modern and dare I say sexy! From the drapery to the studs, every piece has its own unique feature. I'm particularly a fan of the 80's-esque blazers with the studded shoulders. Below are my favorites from Malaak's Autumn/Winter 2011-12 collection:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...